On Apr 15, 2:10 pm, "rzeze...@gmail.com" <rzeze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S.  I don't want to get off-track, but I also don't understand why
> ClojureCLR or clojurescript are included in Contrib.  I also don't
> understand why test files are not under their own top level dir?  I
> think that is a good convention and allows for easier tooling.

The answer to all these questions is that: contrib has grown
organically, without anyone imposing structure.  Rich Hickey has taken
a largely hands-off approach, allowing us to use contrib as a sandbox
to share useful clojure code.

I think it's valuable to have contrib as a sandbox.  But this
discussion shows it's also valuable to have Clojure libraries with
their own external dependencies.

Contrib right now is just an SVN repo, so it's pretty limited in terms
of what it can do.  If we want to handle multiple projects, with
different dependencies, we need a more sophisticated system.  We can
try to piggyback on an existing Java system like Maven or Ivy, or
start from scratch.  But someone(s) will then have to take
responsibility for maintaining that repository.

-Stuart Sierra