i wonder if others would think it'd be interesting to integrate clojure with
http://jamvm.sourceforge.net/

... maybe fork the project so that running a clj file feels exactly like
running a py file ... embed the jvm in an exe.

Maybe others like the fact that it works on top of any jvm, but I think it
increases the bar for getting non-java newbies.  Not everyone wants to have
to install a large jvm from sun and write start up scripts before they can
get started.