On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM, David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maps aren't ordered so this isn't a good idea anyway.

It's a good idea if you have a sorted map. My example should have used
sorted-map.

> The reason first/second work is because they call seq on the collection.
> (key (nth (seq {:a 1 :b 2 :c 3}) 1)) -> :b

Thanks! I think 'nth ought to behave just like 'first and 'second,
don't you? If it's a good idea for 'first it's a good idea for 'nth.

[Apologies to all for the several redundant posts on this topic. I've
been getting rejection messages from Google Groups for no reason].

--
Hugh Winkler, CEO
Wellstorm Development