billh04 wrote:

> Right now I have the two files "whale.achi.model.place.clj" and
> "whale.achi.model.placeEvaluation.clj" that make up one name space
> "whale.achi.model.place".
> The first file is the "root" of the namespace.

I think you're confused with how Clojure looks for packages in the
filesystem.  Perhaps you want:

   $ find whale
   whale/achi/model/place.clj
   whale/achi/model/place/evaluation.clj
   $ head -2 whale/achi/model/place.clj
   (ns whale.achi.model.place
     (:require [whale.achi.model.place.evaluation :as eval]))
   $ head -1 whale/achi/model/place/evaluation.clj
   (ns whale.achi.model.place.evaluation)

-Drew