On Apr 24, 3:06 pm, Victor Rodriguez <vict...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Sean Devlin <francoisdev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There recently was a ton of traffic about SCM in the "Path to 1.0"
> > thread.  Google made the following announcement:
>
> >http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2009/04/mercurial-support-for...
>
> > Does this make changing the SCM tool to Hg a real possibility?  While
> > this might not be such a big deal for Clojure core, I would *LOVE* an
> > easy way to fork contrib, and I bet I'm not the only one.
>
> For what it is worth, I would also like the source to be kept under Hg.

Hmm. How much of this has to do with Guido working for Google? ;). I'd
personally rather wait and see if Git ends up being added to the list
of supported DVCS: some open-source projects (GNOME, Dragonfly BSD)
are moving to it rather than Hg.

I already have Git mirrors of the clojure and clojure-contrib
repositories; they are trivial to set up and keep up-to-date. A lot of
people here are probably doing that as well. Git even works relatively
well on Windows (I've used it lightly and not encountered a bug yet).

Regards,

--
Michel S.