On May 10, 9:38 pm, Victor Rodriguez <vict...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM, tarvydas
>
> <tarvy...@visualframeworksinc.com> wrote:

Thanks for your reply (sorry about posting this question twice - after
waiting 3 hours and not seeing my question appear in the group, I re-
posted it, assuming that I'd done something wrong).

> OK, but how are you specifying the classpath?

Using the environment variable CLASSPATH, set up using control panel.
I shutdown and restarted emacs, then shelled out and used "SET" to see
that my changes to the CLASSPATH took hold.

> From what directory do
> you launch Java from?

I don't know for certain.  Is there a way to check?

I'm using slime in emacs.  I was assuming that when I hit ^X^F in the
slime buffer, the directory that it prompts me with is the working
directory.  ^X^F seems to show the directory that I intend to work in
- the one containing the simple swing ui in the ./gui subdirectory.

> Try giving the full path to the directory
> instead of ".".

I added a full path to my working directory in the CLASSPATH
environment variable (using the control panel) and that didn't appear
to help.

Is there some other way to tell clojure+slime what classpath it should
use?  At present, I'm not invoking java manually - I'm allowing slime
to do it (I think) inside emacs.

I can run ants.clj with this setup - but ants.clj is a self-contained
source file.  Maybe I'm missing some environment setup for slime /
classpath that is preventing me from seeing the test gui constructed
with NetBeans?

thanx
pt