As they say on sports radio, long time listener, first time caller...
I am giving a talk at JavaOne on alternative language performance on
the JVM. I have written a couple of algorithms in Java, and then
mostly equivalent ones in Groovy, Ruby, Python, Scala, and Fan. I
would like to include Clojure in the talk, too, so I am hoping the
folks here could help me out with Clojure implementations.

You can see the Java examples here, along with the Ruby
implementations:
http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-prime-sieve.html
http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-being-less-efficient.html
http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-ruby-prime-sieve.html

http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-word-sort.html
http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-ruby-word-sort.html

http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-reversible-numbers.html
http://fupeg.blogspot.com/2009/05/javaone-talk-ruby-reversible-numbers.html

So if anyone would like to help, I would be very appreciative. All I
can offer is recognition in my JavaOne talk. All I ask from the
implementations is that they try to stay true to how the Java version
worked, while also trying to be fairly idiomatic Clojure. I don't have
a strong opinion on type hinting. If it is used, then I would not
compare the results to Groovy, Ruby, Python, but to Scala, Fan instead
and vice versa