> You would think with Clojure's ability to make use of mutli cpu
> hardware it would be a good choice for high-end game development.
>
> Does anyone know if big game studios like Electronic Arts are using or
> looking into Clojure for this purpose?

It's unlikely to be used in a core game engine, even Java is no good
there as these guys need pretty low-level access to the hardware
(there's no way in Java to write your own custom allocator, or use
different allocators for different classes, for example).

But for higher level/scripting type stuff, it could definitely happen,
as far as I can tell the most popular language for game scripting at
the moment is Lua, but there are a huge number of custom
'little-languages' that ship with various engines.

And, of course, for multiplayer stuff Clojure would be a superb choice
for writing the server side in.

Cheers,
Ian.

#ifndef __COMMON_SENSE__  | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | i...@ianp.org
#endif                    | http://ianp.org/