I think this question is highly important.
"Dependency Injection concept need not be restricted to Object
Oriented Programming!!!".
It should be possible to dependency inject arbitary code blocks to
other arbitary code blocks. This is what a future language would do as
per my strong belief.

--------free of the trappings of OO, types and inheritance------

-Hari Sujathan