Yes Rich Hickey's git repository for clojure and clojure-contrib are the
main development repositorys.

http://github.com/richhickey/clojure/tree/master
http://github.com/richhickey/clojure-contrib/tree/master

The reason why git has no big flashing sign pointing to his repositorys is
because git is a *distributed* version control system.
In git's eyes every repository of clojure is just as good as every other
repository, git would be perfectly happy to pull push and branch
and merge from anyone's repository, so If you want to know which is the main
development branch then you need to either find the link on the
clojure.org website or else make an educated guess.

Best regards,
Alex