2009/6/29 C. Florian Ebeling <florian.ebel...@gmail.com>:

>>> I randomly get ClassNotFoundExceptions when I try to compile a file.
>>> This is a paste from the repl:
>>>
>>> Clojure 1.0.0-
>>> user=> (compile 'app.hello)
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> app.hello$exec__4 (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
>>> user=> (compile 'app.hello)
>>> app.hello
>>>
>>> I'm really fresh to Clojure, but that strikes me as very odd. I just
>>> execute the same command twice. But no regularity, before that it
>>> would fail for 20 or so time in a row.
>>
>> I have no idea why it would be random, but perhaps "classes" is not in
>> your class path?
>
> nah, with the paste from the repl I intended to demonstrate that it
> worked and didn't work in two succesive invocations of the exact same
> compile form.

Yes, I understood that.  I have no explanation for it, though.  Sorry :)

> I didn't change anything in the environment. I think
> that it worked in one instance effectively excludes something being
> wrong with the classpath.

Yes, that seems logical, but the problem is your problem does not
appear to be logical ;)

--
Michael Wood <esiot...@gmail.com>