> Perhaps instead of saving an image, it should be able to save a transcript
> of the REPL inputs? Then you could rescue code from this, or find any cruft
> your image had become dependent on, or whatever.

The only problem I see with this approach is that you leave it up to
the user (me) to sort though this transcript and try to reproduce the
latest version of the image. A function may be redefined many times
and the only version I'd _usually_ care about is the latest. This is
typically because the latest definition encompasses the latest
understanding of the problem or solution.

Having said that, it's better than nothing. There are certainly times
when I need to backtrack to previous definitions when I've down down
the wrong path. Having a transcript is better than where I'm at today.