Thanks guys, that makes perfect sense to me. I have another Enlive question:

I need the _exact_ functionality of the "sniptest" function (which
appears to have been removed) in production code. I am trying to
create a decorator in compojure that will accept a response body and
modify the styling in various ways. I can just use the old sniptest
definition:

(apply str (emit* ((transformation [:h1] (content "hey")) (html-src
(:body response)))))

but is there a better way? I'm also not sure what emit* does exactly.
Is it breaking :content values out of lists so they stand alone as
strings?

BTW, I want to thank you Christophe for making this library. It's
everything xslt-driven views were supposed to be, but elegant instead
of evil. It's also going to be much nicer for the designers than all
the custom tags/embedded code frameworks I've used in the past.

Rob