http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise20M2On
Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Mike <cki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there plans for Clojure to work in JSR-223 (Java Scripting
> Framework)?  I see a lot of languages up there already.  In fact, the
> only major JVM languages missing are Scala and Clojure.

In
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/297861670c2f5611
 (orig http://lists.xwiki.org/pipermail/devs/2009-July/013763.html ) I
wrote:

Clojure has a JSR-223 implementation according to:
http://github.com/pmf/clojure-jsr223/tree/master
http://groovy.codehaus.org/JSR-223+access+to+other+JVM+languages
http://sayspy.blogspot.com/2009/03/interacting-between-jvm-lang-here-and.html
I've been told I'd need to "Build the Clojure JSR223 engine from
http://github.com/pmf/clojure-jsr223/tree/master and place it inside
WEB-INF/lib" in order to add Clojure as a scripting language to Xwiki
(alongside existing
velocity/groovy<http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Scripting>and
jRuby <http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/RubyMacro> scripting
implementations). Any special instructions or suggestions or "gotchas" in
creating the clojure jsr223 engine? (I'm still upgrading to Xwiki
2.0M2<http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise20M2>prior
to starting my clojure experiment, so any prior advice before doing
anything stupid --  e.g. running the jsr223 engine on an incompatible
version of clojure -- would be helpful.)

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: I've always seen xwiki as the "emacs of webapps" (and wikis)...
So I'm looking forward to having a real emacsish type language -- clojure
--
to extend it via a more appropriate language for scripting.