These aren't criticisms, just trying to understand this better.

So assoc! etc. return a new instance of the transient?  Or do they
return the same transient?  If they return a new instance, what
exactly is the advantage (though, obviously there is one, from the
transcript).  If they return the same instance do you prevent the
calling code from invoking further changes or not?

I like the idea of restricting the transient to just the originating thread.

Does this mean we'll need a reduce! and map!, etc? Would there be an
advantage to those? Is there an intersection (or potential danger)
between transient structures and laziness?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos