Hi,

Am 13.08.2009 um 22:30 schrieb Brian Hurt:

Now, I can certainly see a lot of potiential downsides to this. Redefining what #{} or #() means is just the start.

I think, this is the reason Rich is not very positive for that idea: because nobody came up with a way of defining "namespaces" for reader macros, so that they don't interfere with each other.

But it'd make it a lot easier to do things with DSLs.

I'm happy with macros for DSLs. Actually the macros just quasiquote their arguments and pass them on to actual functions.

So, what are people's thoughts?

I've yet to see the desire for a self-defined reader macro. But I'm no Common Lisper (a Schemer actually). So I'm not used to reader macros. Maybe I'm missing the paradise.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea. But I wouldn't give it high priority either.

Sincerely
Meikel