Is there some simple way to spin-up the REPL and start stepping
through top-level expressions in a source file?
(I've probably missed something simple.)

Background-- Eclipse 3.4.2 is running on my MacBook under OS 10.4.11.
Works fine for a little Java programming. Wanted to get back to
programming in Lisp. Stumbled across the Clojure videos last weekend,
installed closure-dev Eclipse plug-in, successfully ran R Mark
Vokmann's "desktop" example from http://jnb.ociweb.com/jnb/jnbMar2009.html

So, everthing looks good when I start Eclipse and open a little test
Clojure file in a Clojure project. And, from the menubar Run As-
>Clojure REPL works. However, Clojure->Evaluate Top Level S-Expression
only shows output if there's REPL active in the Eclipse Console.

Current work-around: add a one line Clojure file (println "started")
to my Clojure project. Open one-liner as if to edit it, select Run As-
>Clojure REPL. This leaves a REPL active in Eclipse Console. Now, open
file I'm really editing.  Clojure->Evaluate Top Level S-Expression
works as expected.

I'm hoping there's something simple I've overlooked, eg--
--a preference setting to activate REPL on Clojure editing, or first
Clojure->Evaluate Top Level S-Expression
--a call to short terminate REPL processing, ie, go back to listening
to the Eclipse Console,
    (end-of-readable-file) or some such to "pause" Run As->Clojure
REPL before it tries to run buggier code.
   I'd move s-expr that test OK, up above the (end-of-readable-file)

Thanks in advance.