On Sep 4, 1:38 pm, Christophe Grand <christo...@cgrand.net> wrote:
> You have to be prepared to deal with potential inconsistencies: a
> closure (or any object) can hold a reference to the value of a
> function.

OK - I realized this already for running threads, e.g., executing a
function where a var means one thing the first time around and another
the second. But your example points out that laziness and closures
makes this even worse :-(

I guess the conclusion is that you can't really fix live production
systems without some downtime without carefully designing the system
for this upfront (following certain conventions), i.e., you don't get
this *for free* by using a LISP (of course the development aspects of
change on-the-fly are still good).

Now I am a complete Erlang novice, but I think OTP has (some kind of)
built-in support for system upgrades. It might be worth checking out
to see if there is something we can adapt to Clojure?

/Karl