Without digging into the implementation code:

shouldn't the expansion for e.g. clojure.core/letfn return a vector and not
a list for the binding ?

((G__1840 [a b c] (print a)))
should be
(vector (G__1840 [a b c] (print a)))
or [(G__1840 [a b c] (print a))]

?

Maybe clojure.core/letfn is currently permissive on this, but this is an
undocumented implementation detail (the doc for letfn says : "Takes a vector
of function specs and a body, and generates a set of bindings of functions
to their names. All of the names are available in all of the definitions of
the functions, as well as the body.")

Your maybe doing a similar error in other parts of the code where the
implementation detail are closer to the public API, and that may explain
your error ?