You're right about that.

I commented to a general solution. The point is that the community has
to develop a set of patterns/practices/whatever for this use case
since almost any "ordinary" application software has to solve it.
For 101 questions like this, there has to be at least one or more
straight answers with code examples. At least if we want Clojure to be
picked up by the general Java community. Not everyone has to compute
Fibonacci's sequence but everyone has to support some customers buying
some products ;)