On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Stuart Sierra
<the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sep 27, 12:55 am, Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com> wrote:
> > How are people handling mocking/stubbing in clojure?  Google finds me
> some
> > old posts about a called? function/macro as part of test-is which looks
> like
> > it'd do what I need but I can't seem to find any trace of it under
> > clojure/clojure-contrib trunk.
>
> clojure.contrib.test-is (now clojure.test) has a "fixtures" feature.
> It doesn't do mocking itself, but provides a mechanism for temporarily
> rebinding vars in your tests.

Isn't (binding [foo bar] ...) already such a mechanism? Or does the
"fixtures" feature let you specify such a binding for a whole group of tests
obviating the need to repeat the binding form in multiple test functions,
and perhaps let mutable state carry forward through multiple tests instead
of being rebound (and thus reset) after each one?

(And why does the gmail interface seem designed to encourage users to
top-post?)