On Oct 4, 1:31 am, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> Here we have the smell! You cannot define functions with a function.
> You have to use a macro!

I am not clear on what you mean by this.  From a user's point of view,
what is the difference between defining a function, and interning a
var with a fn object as its value?

user> (defn define-function [name] (intern *ns* name (fn [] (str
"called a generated function: " name))))
#'user/define-function
user> (some-function)
; Evaluation aborted.
user> (define-function 'some-function)
#'user/some-function
user> (some-function)
"called a generated function: some-function"

Or is your point just that #'fn is a macro?