Hi Everybody

this is my first post to this group so please tell me If I'm posting
in the wrong place. I've been looking at integrating Clojure into
NetKernel as language runtime library but I'm struggling a bit for a
lack of examples. There are two things I'm trying to achieve:

1) start and stop the Clojure runtime on demand. I need to do this so
that new versions can be deployed whilst the server is live. Looking
at the latest version (1.0.0) I see that I no longer need to call
RT.init() and that startup is done statically. That's fine but is
there a way to cleanly shutdown. I.e. stop threads, and enable a full
garbage collection of the Clojure libraries?

2) is there a way to ensure isolation of functionality in one runtime?
I can see how I can use namespaces to avoid naming collisions but is
it possible to enforce tighter security across namespaces or is there
another technique? I'm quite new to closure so sorry if that is a
stupid question - the trouble is I want to get it running inside
NetKernel as good environment to explore the language - horse before
the cart! When Clojure scripts execute inside NetKernel environment it
is important that they act like pure functions with no side-effects on
others.

Thanks in advance for you advice,

Tony