On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Paul  Mooser <taron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah -- I hadn't understood that when using destructuring, that
> subsequent bindings could refer to the destructured elements. I should
> have, since clojure "only" has let*, and this behavior seems
> consistent with that, for binding.
>
> Eeww. It seems like quite a thorny issue to solve, even if simple to
> describe.

Well, in truth, there's a way to fix the loop macro but it is too
ugly: the idea is to wrap the outer let in a closure and replace the
loop by a function, thus we could benefit from the locals clearing on
tail call.

The real solution would be pervasive locals clearing but I seem to
remember Rich saying he'd like to delay such work until clojure in
clojure.

> What's the procedure for creating a ticket for this? Is it at least
> acknowledged that this IS a bug?

It's better to wait for Rich's opinion on this problem before creating a ticket.