On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Kevin Downey <redc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand, the error message you get is the error that occurred.

Both of them honor their documentation - no doubt. My point is not
that, my point is that the behavior is different between the 2
functions for the same kind of issue:

What is the rationale for even? and contains? having different
behaviors for the exact same error (ie, one throws the other works
fine and just returns false on a type error)? From a design
perspective this seems to increase the cognitive load to programmers
without any (apparent) reason.

One would imagine that both functions should have the same behavior
for the same kind of error...