On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM, David Brown <cloj...@davidb.org> wrote:
> Perhaps the GHC Data.Sequence library could be ported.  It's based on
> 2-3 finger trees, and allows efficient adding and removal from either
> end of the sequence.

I've tried porting finger trees to Scheme before, and although it is
efficient in an algorithmic sense, I found the constants involved to
be so high, performance was very poor.  Perhaps it was a fault with my
port, but I've become quite skeptical of the value of finger trees.

Anyway, I've been satisfied with clojure.lang.PersistentQueue for queues.

I often want a priority queue, but John Harrop addressed that need not
long ago.  Before that, I would sometimes just use Clojure's sorted
set.

Sometimes I still want a persistent deque, but I haven't needed it
quite badly enough to warrant coding one myself.