Hi!

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Stephen C. Gilardi <squee...@mac.com> wrote:
> Here are some of the ideas I've liked best for how to do it.

I like where this is heading.

> - don't "refer" any names from the target namespace into the current
> namespace by default

YES!

>  - support ":only []", ":rename {}", ":exclude []", and ":refer-all true"
> options

and of course ":as alias" that you mention below

>    (:refer-all true is not strictly necessary as it's a synonym for :exclude
> [], but the latter is much less clear to the human reader)

In general :exclude suffers from the same problems as refer.
The new system should drive users away from :exclude to :only.

> - automatically alias the leaf name of the lib as a reference to the lib:

This is the only proposition I don't agree with. What about allowing
lib authors to specify a default alias?

Christophe