Let's try this again:

(defn swap [coll i j]
  (if (= i j) coll
      (let [li (min i j) ui (max i j)]
        (let [[pre-li post-li] (split-at li coll)]
          (let [[post-li-pre-ui post-li-post-ui]
              (split-at (- ui 1 li) (rest post-li))]
            (concat
             pre-li
             (list (nth coll ui))
             post-li-pre-ui
             (list (nth coll li))
             (rest post-li-post-ui)))))))

The code is actually even more complicated.  I'm sure with a little
more time I could clean it up.