>> On Jan 21, 4:39 pm, Frank <ffai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I am interested in trying to use Clojure to develop web-based
>> > applications.  Can someone point me to any Clojure libraries that have
>> > been written that I can use.  Thanks.

I spent a couple of days this week using Compojure both in anger, and
for fun.  The anger stuff isn't source-available, but my fun project
is:

   <http://github.com/d3zd3z/webweight>

There is (hopefully) a live version at:

   <http://www.davidb.org/wlog?>

The app itself probably isn't that interesting itself, since it
generates the reports for my weight management program.

Part of my goal was to be well integrated with Maven, but also have
decent interactive use.

   - setup-repl.sh uses Maven to download the dependencies and put them
     in a place that 'run.sh' is expecting them.  Combined with the
     user.clj I wrote, it allows me to do things like:

       ./run.sh -Dwork-ns=org.davidb.webweight.daily

     and get a REPL where (l) will reload this namespace, (t) will load
     one with the name of org.davidb.webweight.test_daily and run tests
     on it (there aren't tests in this code yet), and (i) will switch
     to the dev namespace.  It doesn't reload sub-required namespaces,
     so isn't perfect, but still quite useful.

   - mvn compile should work with the maven-clojure-plugin.  It'll also
     package a jar file.

   - mvn assembly:assembly will make a jarfile containing the
     dependents.  There's a org.davidb.webweight.main that can run it
     directly.

All in all, it's a fairly quick framework to setup.

My github page also has my patches to compojure to build it under
Maven.  The json library is from Tim Dysinger's repo:
<git://github.com/dysinger/clojure-json.git>.  I just installed these
locally.

The "in anger" project connects to a PostgreSQL database and interacts
with a backend auto-build system.

David