John Harrop wrote:
>     This is just (sort (concat [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] [3 2 7])) though.
>

> I think he also wants the original order of the first input coll to be
> preserved, though. Sort wouldn't do that.

Hmmm.. that's a pretty weird set of requirements.  Usually a
multiset/bag is unordered.  What happens if same elements aren't grouped
together in the first input coll it, it just arbitrarily picks one of
their positions and moves them all together there? :-)

If you're going to go to the trouble of making special multiset
functions you may as well create a new multiset collection type that
does the "right thing" when you conj to it and such.  It is also means
you can store things in a way that allows efficient implementation of
the operations, instead of just hoping the library user passes data in
the right order or using slow but safe n^2 or n log n algorithms everywhere.