John Harrop wrote:

> 1: Improvements to the ns macro, such as described in a previous thread.
> Particularly I'd like to see
>
> (:import package class class class)
>
> work. This fits with normal Clojure syntax. Right now it wants an extra
> pair of parentheses, does not accept a vector(!), and provides a very
> unhelpful error message.

The extra pair of parens is so that you can do:

(:import (package1 class class class)
          (package2 class class))

Although perhaps you are suggesting doing this instead:

(:import package1 class class class)
(:import package2 class class)

> 2: IDE support. We need something like Eclipse's "organize imports" that
> works for Clojure code. You type (:import class class class) and hit
> control-magic, it figures out what packages for you, and prompts if
> there's any ambiguity, turning it into a bunch of (:import package class
> class) lines (as per 1 above) for each package. Substitute appropriate
> key for "magic".

Well if you're using a scriptable editor you can just do something like
this:

http://dishevelled.net/Generating-Clojure-import-lines-using-SLIME.html