On 24 Nov 2009, at 17:30, Amnon wrote:

> I hope it's not the billion time you get the question.
> I wanted to use clojure for image processing. I have a 3 dimensional
> array I'm passing to clojure from java.
> I then loop on the array to manipulate it.
> Even the simplest task takes about half a minutes (I expected it to be
> over in less than a second)

Could you give some more details? For example, what is the Java class
you use for the 3D arrays? How are you accessing it from Clojure? How
do  you do the loops? How do you create the destination array, and how
do you fill it with the grey-scale values? I suspect that many of
these steps could be optimized, but it's hard to say without knowing
how your current code works.

Konrad.