David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> writes:

> The problem is that JOGL needs JNIs and JNIs need to be on
> java.library.path or java.ext.dirs, not the classpath. In order to
> make life easier for people learning about clojure as well generally
> making lein projects simpler to play around for newbies do people see
> any utility in supporting something like lein run?

It sounds like you're talking about two orthogonal things: setting java
options for JNI and a run task. We have talked about adding a run task;
if you're interested we could even get it in for the 1.0.0 release. If
the java.library.path flag can be set in a subclassloader like we do
with the classpath in the deps task in the isolated-compile branch that
Alex just cooked up, then this could be added soon as well. But it would
be helpful to discuss these as two separate steps.

Also from talking on IRC it sounded like there might also be a third
unpacking step involved; could you explain that in more detail here? It
sounds like the SqliteJDBC libraries do that for you, but perhaps that
is not always the case with native libraries?

-Phil