On 4 Dec 2009, at 10:18, balln...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Emacs / clojure-mode:
> [...]
> Sorry but Emacs is unfamiliar to regular developers
>
> VimClojure:
> similar to clojure-mode setup ... separate downloads, builds,
> configs ...
> and then it does not work out of the box or you need to read forums
> for hours to assemble you base knowledge on how things work
>
> Textmate / Clojure bundle:
> The Clojure bundle requires Ruby.
> Nothing against Ruby, but I have to install another entire language
> just to give me some limited IDE features.
> At least Textmate is a very convenient Editor for non-geeks
>
> Eclipse / counterclockwise
> You need to download and install this giant block of "can do
> everything" infrastructure - Eclipse
> You need to install the plugin that is good an evolving but still
> limited
> If you consider the disk- and memory-space- / feature-ratio ...
>
> Netbeans / Enclojure
> worked relatively well so far ... needs time to grow further

So, in summary, you'd like a full-featured editor which is accessible to
non-geeks, doesn't require the installation of much additional software or any
additional supporting languages, but that has mature Clojure support almost out
of the box. That's a tall order! :-)

I guess a Clojure version of LispBox (http://www.gigamonkeys.com/lispbox/)
would be nice to have.

In the meantime, Netbeans + Enclojure is probably the closest you'll get.

-Steve