On 10 Dec 2009, at 21:34, George Jahad wrote:

> are you using slime?  Currently, you need to use a non-slime repl, (I
> think because of how slime handles io redirection)

I don't use slime, but I had a similar issue with Counterclockwise/
Eclipse, which doesn't  quite understand that end-of-stream (Ctrl-D)
is meant to terminate not the stream, but just the portion of the
stream going to the debug repl.

Here is a modified version that permits quitting the debug REPL by
typing "()" (empty list):

        http://gist.github.com/254110

It works fine with Counterclockwise, so perhaps it's also a solution
for Slime users.

Konrad.