Use a combination of take-while & key

(take-while (comp your-pred key) sorted-map)

You could also use drop while as needed.

I've got a blog post where I use this to solve the knapsack problem:

http://fulldisclojure.blogspot.com/2009/12/uses-for-takedrop-while.html

I've got some other stuff, too.  Send me a note if you need more than
this.

Sean