Hi,

On Jan 1, 3:58 am, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> I've been looking over our use of contrib in our large-ish project
> at work. About 90% of the invocations of contrib functions are
> I/O-related.

evil mutable little bastards, these files ;-)

> I wonder if it would be a good idea to include a clojure.io
> namespace in Clojure itself.

inc

> I've prototyped this in the attached file. Most of the functions come
> from contrib's duck-streams library. I've taken everything from
> duck-streams except read-lines, file-str, make-parents, and pwd.
>
> read-lines was left out since ...

Sounds reasonable.

> I welcome discussion about this proposal. Do you think it's
> necessary? Are there any functions we should leave out?
> Any others we should promote from contrib?

I don't know whether it's in contrib already but I'd very much
appreciate a few macros lifting the burden of Java's io-lib with
Reader, BufferedReader, File, PushbackReader, WhateverReader
and ...Writers. Coming from the Lisp world this feels rather ugly to
my fingers.

Kind regards,
Stefan