Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had run into these issues or might know
what we're experiencing.

Our project is using the maven clojure plugin (works superbly) and
swank.  We have a long running service that both runs a swank listener
and a Repl when it starts (so we can connect to and interact with it).
 We've listed swank-clojure as a dependency in the pom.xml file, but
if we require swank.swank from the ns definition in clojure, then
something strange happens: the maven compilation hangs just after the
clojure compiler prints out that it's compiling the last of our
clojure files.  As far as we can tell, neither mvn, or java are doing
anything useful - strace shows that the parent java process (mvn) is
in a call to futex and the child process is in the same system call.
Whatever they are awaiting eventually happens and the compile finishes
- though it takes a significant amount of time.  Removing the require
eliminates the mysterious hang.

We've worked around this by not doing the require in the ns
definition, still mentioning swank as a dependency in the pom, using
assembly:assembly to build a full jar (which includes swank correctly)
and then a simple runner clojure script to require swank and then run
our serivces.

Has anyone else seen this or know what we might be experiencing?

Best Regards,

Kyle