I've been trying to compile clojure files from emacs.  The issue I run
into is of my own clj files not being found on the classpath.  (If I'm
trying to compile a standalone file, which references only clojure
core, there's no problem.  It's when I have multiple files, and I'm
trying to include a file of my own with use or require, that I run
into this issue.)

I found the clojure-project function, by Phil Hagelberg, at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/clojure@googlegroups.com/msg18268.html

but when I put it in .emacs, and invoked it, the function seemed to
get stuck.  I'm asked in the mini-buffer for the project root, and I
write it in and press return, but nothing happens.  I just keep
getting carriage returns in the mini-buffer.  Any ideas?

Or are there any other convenient ways for managing class paths for
various clojur projects in emacs?