Ok here's what I threw together:  http://gist.github.com/275527

It adds both println-style args as well as a formatting version.

I like the idea of the level-specific convenience macros behaving like
print, but I'd prefer to move the throwable to be an optional first arg.  I
tried to make it so it's a not-quite-breaking change for extant code relying
on the old two-arg form; worst-case they'll get an extra bit of text at the
end of the message.

Thoughts?