2010/1/15 Constantine Vetoshev <gepar...@gmail.com>:
> I would like to announce the release of dgraph 1.0, a dependency graph
> implementation for Clojure.
>
> http://github.com/gcv/dgraph
>
> dgraph provides a mostly pure functional data structure whose nodes
> behave like cells in a spreadsheet. Data changes in stored nodes cause
> their dependent computed nodes to invalidate and recalculate
> themselves. Dependency graphs are immutable, just like Clojure's built-
> in persistent data structures, so "changing" a stored node actually
> augments an existing graph and returns a new one with shared
> structure.
>
> I wrote this to simplify UI programming, and it has helped reduce the
> pain significantly. The README file in the GitHub repository has some
> usage examples and ideas.
>
> Comments and bug reports welcome.

Hello Constantine,

Great job !

I would like to know, is there an essential reason for not having
stored the dependency graph as a hidden property of the graph ?

Do you have examples of where you see it interesting to use (and not
abuse :-) ) side effects in combination with eager/patient ?

Are there implicit hypothesis (not yet documented ? or maybe I
overlooked) on the types that can be used for the keys of the graph ?

For those of use who do not know cl cells, would it be easy to explain
in which area it differs ?

Cheers,

--
Laurent