> When you send-off an action to an agent, that agent gets is
> allocated a thread for at least the duration of that action.  So
> using send-off on long-running actions to two agents will result
> in those actions being run in parallel.

Ok, I re-read the docs on agents, and it looks like they don't do what
I was thinking they do.  One thread acts on an agent at once; I
somehow missed that.  I was thinking that multiple sends could run on
one agent at once, which just isn't the case.

> And finally, there's really nothing wrong with using (.start
> (Thread. myfn)), if that accomplishes exactly what you need.

I'm guessing that's what I'll wind up doing.  I know it's not
clojure's style, but it just seems like there should be some core
macro (dothread ...) that puts the body into a (.start (Thread. ...))
call.  I guess I'll write one :)

> --Chouser
> http://joyofclojure.com/

Reading through it right now.  Very nice book so far, but I'm really
looking forward to chapters 9 and 10 :)