I'm having trouble finding any resources on the net for telling me how
to initiate a Clojure application. I'm currently using Netbeans with a
Clojure plugin, and from what I gather from one of the examples, I
need to define a main function as the launching point for my app, but
there seems to be a little more to it.

The only example code I've found which works is this...

(ns localhost.test
    (:gen-class))

(defn -main
    ([greetee]
  (println (str "Hello " greetee "!")))
  ([] (-main "world")))

Could someone step me through the idea behind the -main function
(which I've also seen written as just "main" without the hyphen). I'm
new to the JVM so I'm basically learning both Clojure and the workings
of the JVM at the same time.