On 1 February 2010 15:39, Stuart Halloway <stuart.hallo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The official JMX API is a programmer-usability disaster (IMO), and I wrote
> the contrib jmx wrapper by trial-and-error to get minimal functionality
> working. A few thoughts:
>
> * I will take a look at this (but won't be able to get to it today). Feel
> free to make assembla guilt that points to me.
> * My interest in having JMX support work is > my need to continue to own it.
> I will have no hurt feelings if somebody jumps in and owns this before I get
> to it.
>
> Stu

Thanks for the answer!

I've done some simple forensics and found a single MBean to cause the
problem for me.

The failing test is called various-beans-are-readable. The only MBean
which is not is one whose string representation is as follows:

#<ObjectName com.sun.management:type=HotSpotDiagnostic>

It only has one attribute called DiagnosticOptions. An attempt to read
its value with jmx/read-supported leads to the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
  [Thrown class javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException]

I put the backtrace here:

http://pastie.org/805683

Also, here's the MBeanInfo (obtained through (.getMBeanInfo
jmx/*connection* the-monster-mbean)):

http://pastie.org/805689

And finally, java -version:

java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.6.1) (6b16-1.6.1-3ubuntu1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

Hope this helps. If there's something else I could check, I'll gladly do so.

Sincerely,
Michal