On 3 February 2010 08:58, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> condp was specifically designed to be a scheme-like cond with :>>
> support and such.

Well, I like condp a lot (really, condp FTW! -- definately worth a
define-syntax in Scheme :-)), but it's nothing like Scheme's cond
(which is a good thing, as it contributes to its super-conciseness
where it's suitable for the task at hand). Clojure's cond will match
Scheme's cond in flexibility the moment it learns to recognise :>>
(Scheme-style unary clauses can then be modelled with :>> identity).
Hopefully it will do so some day. :-)

Still, I have to admit that my own example of use of scond above would
definately benefit from condp. I thought a Scheme-style cond might be
helpful if the situation where to become more complex, with clauses no
longer matching a common pattern etc., but I guess complicating the
code now so that one won't have to change the macro at the head if
things get more complex later is not a good strategy... My enthusiasm
for the bracketed clauses (the ultimate reason for me to write scond,
truth be told) must have blinded me. :-(

Sincerely,
Michal