I want to create a macro that takes an expression, and runs it against
a collection after replacing a bunch of function calls via the
"replace" function.  Something like this:

(def a {'+ '*})
(def b '(+ a b))

(defmacro substituteFuncs [replacelist expresn target]
(#((replace replacelist expresn) %) `target)
)

I've tweaked it a bunch of ways, and can't seem to get it to resolve
properly, so

(substituteFuncs a b '(3 4))
results in 12.

I'm sure I'm messing up something fairly basic; any idea what I'm
doing wrong?