Hi,

On Feb 15, 9:10 am, Matthias von Rohr <matthias.vonr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm fairly new to clojure but having a great time right now with this
> beautiful language. I've been toying around with the REPL this
> morning:
>
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/94972
>
> Now the question arises, am I missing the point or is this some sort
> of an internal restriction?

Just a guess: nth eventually calls RT/nth which takes a primitive int.
You overflow the int and get a negative number, which causes the for
loop in the Sequential branch to fall through immediately because the
index is "smaller" than 0. Hence the exception. I'm not sure whether
this is entirely correct, though.

I guess this is done for performance reasons. Taking the
500000000000000000000th item of a collection is rather unlikely, I
fancy. Clojure is known to discourage such actions in other
situations.

Sincerely
Meikel