On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Mike K <mbk.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Clojurians,
>
> I'm a Clojure and Common Lisp newbie. I heard that Norvig's PAIP was a
> good book to study idiomatic CL code, so I've embarked on a project to
> translate the examples to / work the exercises in Clojure.  I hope to
> complete this project before the end of this century :-)
>
> Regarding "append" from CL: ISTM that this is similar to "concat" in
> Clojure.

But for almost every algorithm that appends to the right-hand
side of a list, I would convert to Clojure by using a vector
instead, and then appending with conj.

In Clojure, if you could use conj on a vector but instead use
concat on a list, you'll end up with code that is both
non-idiomatic and runs slower than necessary.

--Chouser
http://joyofclojure.com/