Hi all,

I've been playing around with Clojure off and on for a while now. I
like it enough that I'm considering using it to implement an admin
interface to MongoDB (a rather serious itch which I've been aching to
scratch for a while now).

Question is: how to tackle a program of considerable size? I've enough
experience with functional languages to grasp the core functional
practices (declarative programming style, functional data structures,
recursion etc etc). However, that is not the same as "getting"
functional programming for systems of a larger size. I am therefore
unsure about  the "proven" practices regarding program structure,
patterns or even architecture (dare I use the word).

A rather pleasant attempt at this is made in the book "Functional
Programming for the Real Word" (Manning) but in the end it does seem
to loose itself in the details of C# and F# instead of focusing on the
larger design aspects of functional programs.

My question therefore: where can I find literature about this topic?
Or perhaps there are good examples to be found ? (For example, I've
heard that xmonad is supposed to be a nice example of correct, even
beautiful functional program design.)

Regards,

Iwan