For an example outside of JSON: recently Compojure changed how it
works so the HTTP request properties are all converted to keywords by
default. I can see the appeal, but now anyone using Compojure has the
increased incidental complexity of possible keyword violations.
Imagine if you were integrating with PayPal or some system that had
HTTP parameters with characters that were not allowed by the Clojure
spec. I really don't want to worry about such things when creating
software with Clojure.

Per RFC2616, HTTP headers are named by "token"s:

  token      = 1*<any CHAR except CTLs or separators>
  CHAR       = <any US-ASCII character (octets 0 - 127)>
CTL = <any US-ASCII control character (octets 0 - 31) and DEL (127)> separators = "(" | ")" | "<" | ">" | "@" | "," | ";" | ":" | "\" | <"> | "/" | "[" | "]" | "?" | "=" | "{" | "}" | SP | HT

As far as I can see, all valid HTTP headers are thus valid Clojure keywords. You don't have to worry.

-R